Enhancing Your Skin’s Canvas: Minor Surgery for Skin Bumps and Lesion Removal
In the realm of facial aesthetics, there exists a lesser-known but highly effective way to achieve smoother, blemish-free skin: minor surgery.
This technique has been a trusted solution for concealing skin bumps and eliminating skin tags, warts, age spots, moles, whiteheads, keratosis, milia and fibrous lumps (dermatofibromas) for decades. While many facial aesthetics clinics and practitioners work solely with anti-ageing treatments or dermal fillers, minor surgery plays a crucial role in achieving flawless skin for many individuals.
The Evolution of Minor Surgery in Facial Aesthetics
Dr Camilla Hill has been performing minor surgery treatments since the early 1990s as a seasoned facial aesthetics clinician. It’s a common misconception that you must attend a GP clinic or hospital to have minor surgery for the removal of various skin growths and lesions.
While many people may not be aware, these minor surgical procedures are offered in many trusted aesthetics practices, like Dr Camilla Hill Facial Aesthetic Clinic.
In today’s fast-paced world, where general practitioners are inundated with patients, simple cosmetic procedures are no longer prioritised in the NHS. As a result, an increasing number of individuals are turning to experts in the facial aesthetics field to address their skin concerns.
What Can Be Removed?
The list of skin imperfections that can be discreetly and effectively removed through minor surgery is extensive:
- Moles: Unsightly moles can be safely removed, leaving behind minimal scarring
- Skin Tags: These benign growths, often found in skin folds, can be painlessly eliminated
- Warts: Whether they’re common warts or plantar warts, they can be effectively treated
- Milia: These stubborn white cysts can be removed, allowing your skin to breathe freely
- Age Spots: Brownish spots that develop with age can be made to vanish
- Keratosis: This is particularly important to address, as keratosis belong to the same viral family as warts and can quickly spread if scratched
What is the Enquiry Procedure?
A thorough consultation is required before any treatment is recommended. During a consultation with Dr Camilla Hill, you will discuss how long you’ve had the lesion, whether it’s ever changed in size, shape, or colour and if it itches or bleeds – no matter how infrequent. The primary concern during a consultation is to rule out any red flags that might indicate a potentially malignant condition. Your medical history is recorded to ensure there are no allergies or contraindications. Photographs may also be required as a baseline image record of the lesion for reference.
What is the Removal Procedure?
Once the appropriate treatment has been recommended, an appointment will be made. It is quite possible that you may be able to have the treatment on the day of your appointment. This all depends on the type of minor surgery for skin bumps and/or lesion removal required and the consultation outcome.
The following steps are an example of the process involved in lesion removal.
- Local Anaesthetic: The procedure is performed under local anaesthetic to ensure your comfort throughout
- Lesion Removal: The lesion is safely and precisely removed using specialised techniques and tools. Bleeding is controlled using a diathermy machine
- Dressing and Aftercare: If necessary, a small dressing is applied. Afterwards, you’ll receive thorough aftercare instructions, including keeping the area dry to prevent infection or scaling
- Follow-up: A review appointment is scheduled for two weeks later to monitor your progress
Minor surgery for skin lesions is a straightforward yet highly effective procedure. It offers a safe, efficient way to remove imperfections, enhance skin texture, and boost confidence.
Your Path to Flawless Skin
Minor surgery is a valuable tool in the world of facial aesthetics. Whether you’re dealing with pesky skin tags, bothersome warts or other skin imperfections, this procedure offers a solution that is both accessible and effective.
If you’re interested in exploring these options, please book a consultation for professional advice that answers your questions and helps you achieve the flawless skin you deserve. Nothing is too small, and within reason, nothing is too big to be removed.
To discuss minor surgery for skin Bumps and lesion removal, contact the clinic to book a 1:1 private consultation on 01527 280820 or email via the contact form.